Commercial Occupational Tax Application

Business License Application Packet

All commercial businesses must have a business license. Requirements for a commercial business license are:

  • Completed Commercial Based Application (PDF) (Notarized where applicable)
  • Copy of Driver's License of person signing application (must be owner or officer on Articles)
  • Square footage of Suite or Building with dimensions for location of business (outer dimensions only)
  • Incorporated (Inc.) or Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) updated paperwork from Secretary of State if applicable
  • Any state license that may apply
  • Occupational Tax Certificates are renewed on a calendar year basis.  Expires on December 31 of the year the application is submitted to our office.  Fees are assessed at the time of submission.
  • Applications are void after 60 days

Please complete the Henry County Business License application packet for commercial business. If you need additional pages, please view the Business License Forms page.

Apply online  

Schedule an Appointment for new applications or to amend an Occupational Tax Certificate

Department Approval

After the submission of the application to our office, it will be forwarded to the Planning and Zoning for approval. We will notify you after we have approval from Planning and Zoning, at that time you will need to call Fire and Building to set up the appointments for inspections. 

Fire & Building

The fees for Fire and Building are $150 (payment must be made prior to inspection). We do not process applications sent through the mail. We accept cash, checks, debit, and credit cards as forms of payment. Additionally, a processing fee will apply on all debit or credit cards. Once all is complete, we will contact you to complete the application.

Planning & Zoning

The Zoning Department reviews all applications and changes of addresses to ensure compliance with zoning regulations for that business location.  Some additional inspections (Fire, Building, Environmental, Agriculture, Planning/Development, etc.) must be met prior to obtaining the business license.

The Planning and Zoning Department will review all commercial applications and at their discretion may require the submission of a detailed and scaled floor plan, in order to calculate parking. Staff will contact you, within 24 hours should additional information be required.

Alcoholic Beverage License 

If you are opening a restaurant or convenience store that will sell alcohol, you must complete an Alcoholic Beverage License Application (PDF). You are welcome to print the application, but you must appear in person to process your application.