Please print the Homestead Exemption application form, complete the application and bring copies of the following documents to apply:
- Copy of the Driver's License reflecting the address of the property you are claiming Homestead Exemption as well as your spouse's Driver's License
- Copy of vehicle registrations, all vehicles need to be registered at this address
- Copy of the Warranty Deed
- If you own a home in another county or state, we will need a letter from that county stating you do not have a homestead on that property
- If divorced, we will need a copy of the Divorce Decree
You can apply in person at the Tax Commissioner's Office or print a form and mail it to the office. If mailing must be postmarked on or before April 1st, only USPS postmarked will be accepted as proof of the April 1st deadline.