Please print the Homestead Exemption application form, complete the application and bring copies of the following documents to apply:
- Copy of the Driver's License reflecting the address of the property you are claiming Homestead Exemption as well as your spouse's Driver's License
- Copy of vehicle registrations, all vehicles need to be registered at this address
- Copy of the Warranty Deed
- If you own a home in another county or state, we will need a letter from that county stating you do not have a homestead on that property
- If divorced, we will need a copy of the Divorce Decree
You can apply in person at the Tax Commissioner's Office or print a form and mail it to the office. If mailing must be postmarked on or before April 1st, only USPS postmarked will be accepted as proof of the April 1st deadline.
View the Tax Commissioner's Page